Fillers are substances with an underfilling effect, which are injected into the skin for medical reasons.
They are mainly used to:
- Fill wrinkles
- İncrease lip volume
- Lift and shape the cheekbones
- To correct the facial contours
- Strengthen facial tissue
- To correct acne scars
- To increase the volume of the back of the hand
- To support the bone and cartilage structure of the face
Types of Fillers
Dermal fillers can consist of different components and can be classified in different ways.
Depending on the injection depth, wrinkle injections can be differentiated as follows:
- Superficial injections: They use lower-density fillers (mostly hyaluronic acid) injected into the upper layers of the dermis to fill fine lines;
- Deep Injections: They use higher density fillers injected into the lower layers of the dermis; they are suitable for correcting dents, more obvious wrinkles and furrows.
Depending on the filling substance used, wrinkle injections can be differentiated as follows:
- Biological dermal fillers: use filler substances naturally occurring in the skin, such as hyaluronic acid and collagen:
- The hyaluronic acid is synthetically manufactured in the laboratory, but is bioidentical (to the skin's own hyaluronic acid) and is characterized by excellent tolerability;
- Usually bovine collagen is used; since it differs slightly from human collagen, it can cause allergic reactions;
- Synthetic dermal fillers: use substances not normally found in the skin.
Another common classification divides the various fillers into temporary dermal fillers (or absorbable), semi-permanent dermal fillers (slow absorption), and permanent dermal fillers.
In order to be able to work optimally, these fillers must be injected into the upper layers of the dermis (corium).
On average, the result lasts 3-6 months, although the durability also depends on how deeply the filler was injected into the skin.
Hypersensitivity reactions to bovine collagen are common, affecting between 3 and 5% of patients. It is therefore important to carry out 2 separate and consecutive skin tests prior to treatment to detect the possible presence of skin allergies or delayed hypersensitivity.
Unlike collagen, hyaluronic acid is cross-species and has low immunogenic potential.
It is mainly used to increase volume on the cheeks and lips and to correct nasolabial folds and wrinkles on the neck.
Plus, its results last longer than collagen, especially in the more mobile areas of the face. In addition, by injecting the enzyme hyaluronidase, it is possible to quickly reverse the results if they do not meet the patient's expectations.
The use of hyaluron fillers corrects expression lines and gives the skin more hold by binding water.
In addition to this filling action, hyaluronic acid exerts a moisturizing, facial rejuvenating and biostimulating action (hyaluronic acid fragments seem to stimulate the activity of fibroblasts, which in turn increase the synthesis of collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid).
Side effects of treatment with hyaluronic acid fillers can include pain, ecchymosis and bruising at the injection site. A few cases of hypersensitivity reactions have also been reported, probably due to bacterial fermentation contamination.
Do Not Use Dermal Fillers in These Situations
Contraindications to the use of dermal fillers include:
- pregnancy and lactation period
- Allergy to the filler to be injected
- acute herpes infection
- blood coagulation disorders
- Dermatological autoimmune diseases
- Tendency to form keloids
- Cracked skin in areas to be treated
In such cases, it is recommended not to use dermal fillers. You can get more detailed information from your doctor.
The most common side effects of dermal fillers include minor bleeding, bruising, swelling, pain, and itching at the injection sites. These side effects usually go away on their own over the course of a few days.
Other possible side effects are:
- Uneven distribution of injected material;
- Noticeable elevations;
- Hypersensitivity reactions;
- Pigment disorders in the injection area.
Dermal Fillers Benefits
Dermal fillers create a perfect look for your skin. This method, which has been frequently preferred recently, creates a natural image. For this reason, it is widely used. We can list the benefits of dermal fillers as follows:
- Thanks to dermal fillers, your skin will look much fuller.
- After the method is applied, you will have a much more elastic and lively appearance.
- After a certain time, the sagging and wrinkles on your skin will disappear.
- It provides many benefits in the field of lip thickening and is an easy-to-apply treatment method.
- Eliminates deep lines on the lip edge
- Eliminates dimpled scars
- You make your eyebrows more raised
With dermal fillers, you provide these and many other benefits for your skin. For a much more beautiful skin and a younger appearance, you can choose the dermal filler method.
How is Dermal Filling Applied?
Dermal filler is applied in two ways as temporary and permanent. The ways in which these types of applications are applied are also different. If you do not have these treatments done by specialist doctors, you may damage your skin. For this reason, you should contact doctors who are experts in this field and make the right choice.
Dermal filler is an application to remove scars and wrinkles on the skin. This application is usually painless. It is often preferred because it has few side effects.
During dermal filling, special substances are used, as well as oils taken from the patient. These substances are applied to scratches, wrinkles and wounds in the face area. After this subcutaneous injection, you will immediately notice the difference in your skin. It is an instant effective application and gives much better results as time passes. This time period varies according to the skin structure of the person who is treated. And the effect lasts for about 2 years after the application.
Before having dermal fillers, you should examine your skin and have it checked whether you are suitable. Your doctor will inform you about this situation and explain your treatment process. Afterwards, you can easily have your dermal filler done by trusting your doctor. This short-term filling application will show its effect instantly and will allow you to have a much more beautiful skin.
Google Business Profile
Google Business Website
Things to do in North Vancouver, BC